Friday, February 9, 2024

A fictional conversation between Hiralal Sen and Guru Dutt.

A fictional conversation between Hiralal Sen and Guru Dutt.


Hiralal Sen: Can you believe it? All my films, every single one of them, destroyed in a fire accident. Years of work vanished in an instant.

Guru Dutt: I can only imagine the pain you must feel. Your films were your legacy, your passion. But sometimes, from the ashes, something new can rise.

Hiralal Sen: It's hard to see it that way. I poured my heart and soul into those films. And now they're just... memories.

Guru Dutt: I know it's difficult. But think about the essence of your creations. They may be lost physically, but their spirit, their influence, lives on. Your pioneering efforts paved the way for all of us who followed in your footsteps.

Hiralal Sen: You may be right. I must find solace in that thought. But it still hurts.

Guru Dutt: I understand. But remember the words of that song from my film, "Jala do isey, phoonk daalo yeh duniya" – "Set it ablaze, consign this world to the flames." Sometimes, letting go of the material is the only way to find true freedom.

[Hiralal Sen and Guru Dutt smile and slowly walk away into oblivion.]

by Arin Paul.

#Fictional #Imagination #Conversation #HiralalSen #GuruDutt

1 comment:

  1. Lovely... Why did it stop so soon??..
    Let this dialogue be a longer one..

    ReplyDelete